Rules are guidelines and rules regarding this wikia, its content and its users.
All users, regardless of status and position, are expected to follow these rules. However, all rules can be changed, and you can use the comments to suggest and discuss changes.
This page contains a list of current DayZ Wikia polices and rules. This does not contain every possible rule; so common sense, mutual respect and general good behaviour take priority.
- All Users are Equal - All editors, regardless of status and position, are treated equally and have the equal input to a discussion.
- Assume Good Faith - Unless it is obvious vandalism, always assume that a user is trying to be helpful, not disruptive.
- Behaviour - Be considerate, not disruptive. Avoid offensive language or insults.
- Achievement Boosting - Achievements should be earned with honest edits that are actually good for the wiki. Boosters will be penalized.
Page and file policiesEdit
- Scope - Just about everything that is directly mentioned in the DayZ mod gets covered on this wikia.
- Use Third Person - Avoid using you/I/we in articles ("You can do this"). Instead use the third person forms ("The player can do this"). E.g. "After.....happens, the player is shot at by ambushing soldiers".
- Trivia Sections - Trivia sections should be of appropriate length and relevance concerning the subject of the wiki.
- Page Titles - Pages are named as they are in the game. If the article is about a character, simply title the page with the character's first (if given) and last name.
- Categories - Categories help keep this wiki organized.
- Images - Images included on the wiki should be limited to in-game captures, trailers and development. Real-world images fall outside of the scope of the wiki and should never be included in articles.
- Disambiguation - When a term can refer to more than one article, disambiguation links or pages should be created.
- Administration - Certain members have extra tools to help keep this wiki running smoothly, and can intervene in disputes or vandalism attacks.
- Do Not Delete Discussions - Do not remove discussion from a comments section or message wall unless it is blatant vandalism.
- Ignore All Rules - Use common sense first and then see if a policy applies to the situation in question.