The Sa-58P found in DayZ.
|Fire Modes:||Single, full auto|
|Magazines:||AKM Mag., SA58 Mag.|
- "Assault rifle
- — In-game description
The Sa-58P has a standard non-adjustable stock, iron sights that can be zeroed and sports a standard finish. The iron sights can be zeroed from 100 to 800 meters (Default: 300m) in increments of 100 by pressing. The stock, handgrip and hand guard have a dark wood finish and the rest of the components including the magazine have a black metal finish.
The Sa-58P causes moderately high damage of 4500 blood and produces a moderate amount recoil. Its audible range to zombies is up to 149.4 meters from the shooter's position. The effective range is up to 400 meters.
The Sa-58P shares the same ammunition as the AKM, giving it good versatility and quantity of ammunition.
In real life, the Sa-58P is the Vz. 58; a 7.62mm assault rifle of Czech origin that entered service in 1959. The Sa-58 externally resembles the Soviet AK-47, but is internally a substantially different design based on a short-stroke gas piston, which shares absolutely no parts with the Kalashnikov design - including the magazines.
- The Sa-58P and Sa-58V are less common than the Sa-58 CCO or Sa-58V ACOG despite lacking the optic sights and camouflage finishes of the latter.
- In ArmA 2, the Sa-58P and all other Sa-58 weapons are only available in the "Army of the Czech Republic" expansion.
- ↑ DayZDB, DayZ Map: Sa-58P, viewed 22 October 2013, <http://dayzdb.com/map#2.070.079;item=Sa-58P>.
- ↑ vz. 58, viewed 22 October 2013, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._58>.
- ↑ vz. 58: Variants, viewed 22 October 2013, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vz._58#Variants>.
- ↑ Tim Stone, TS, 2012, Wot I Think: Army Of The Czech Republic, viewed 22 October 2013, <http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/03/wot-i-think-army-of-the-czech-republic/>.